FOR CURVY GIRLS ONlY
Dress for the size you are—not what you want to be or once were! Work with what you have! Own it.
Dress from the inside out. A well-fitting bra and shapewear will camouflage all lumps and bumps.
Clothes should skim your body, not cling to it like sausage casing! Think high-waist, wide trousers, and A-line or flared skirts.
Don't cover your curves! Big clothes on big bodies only make you look bigger.
Skirts should end just before or under the kneecap. Your legs will look longer.
Shorter, fitted jackets will also flatter your legs—and waist.
Avoid elasticized waistbands. They might be comfortable, but they add bulk to your midsection.
Keep necklines open. A deep V- or scoop neck lengthens your neck.
A dress with a belt will cinch you in, focusing attention on your smaller waist.
Wide feet need to be counterbalanced with wide heels. A thinner heel only draws attention to your wider foot.
Smart Dressing - Style Tips for Curvy Women
Real women have curves and men love them too - Marilyn Monroe, Salma Hayek, Catherine Zeta Jones, Beyonce, Kim Kardashian are some of the most beautiful and admired celebs with curves. Women with hourglass figure are blessed, that's what they say - so girls if you have the curves, love them, its the most desirable shape on the planet.
To top it off, BBC published a research suggesting that curvy women are cleverer. The American researchers used data from a study of 16,000 women, collecting details of their body measurements and their scores in cognitive tests, they found that those women with a greater difference between the waist and hips, scored significantly higher on the intelligence tests, and so did their children. This suggests that women with an hourglass figure are brighter and have cleverer children, too.
So on top of being sexy we can say that we are more intelligent than the skinny girls.
How to dress if you have an hourglass shape
These are some style tips for women with curves:
1. Wear well-fitted clothes - a top that is too big will only make you look bigger and sloppier and clothes that are too tight will also make you look larger.
2. Dress well inside - a well-fitted bra and shapewear will camouflage all your problm areas and is your wardrobe and confidence staple. If your bra does not fit properly, it can make you look terrible. Since most hourglass figures are well-endowed, a well-fitted bra is a must have for you.
3. Show off your waist - Celebrate, accentuate and exaggerate that great waist. A small waist is considered the very symbol of sensuality, so don't hesitate to show off your small waist. Drawing attention to your waist with a belt or a top with a fitted waist will accentuate this great assets.
4. Darker Bottom and Lighter top - Wear a darker bottom and lighter coloured top to emphasize your waistline and to minimize your curves
5. Buy tops that are fitted and shaped to the waist.
6. Wear short fitted jackets - Shorter, fitted jackets will flatter your legs and waist.
7. Buy well-fitted sheaths - sheath dresses often come with a deep V-neckline. It usually has a defined waist and a figure-hugging silhouette and is often in a lightweight fabric such as silk or cotton. They flatter curvy figures and look great. Even wrap dresses go well withcurvy figures.
8. Choose pencil or slightly A-line skirts - pencil skirt will show the ratio between your waist and hip measurement, giving you a sexy silhouette. Straight styles and certain A-line skirts could also be right for you, as long as they are fitted around the waist and hips.
9. Refuse to buy hipster skirts and trousers look for high-waisted styles - apart from this avoid ruffles and pleats as these will add bulk. Go for a streamlined shape to show off your slinky silhouette.
10. Belt whenever you can - A dress or a shirt with a belt will cinch you in accentuating your small waist.
11. Shapewear - Never underestimate the impact of body-shaping lingerie. It can hold you up and in, strategically reduce or enhance your curve of choice and would hide all your bumps and lumps. Marks and Spencer has some great shapewear you can pick from.
12. Wear V-neck or scoop neckline - These necklines slim the neck and chest and will lenghten your neck and make you appear smaller and slimmer. They will flatter your figure.
13. Avoid Elasticized Waistbands - they add bulk to your mid-section.
14. Boot cut jeans, pants with flared bottoms are for you - pants that fit properly will make you look slimmer, so don't try to hide those curves with loose pants to jeans. Instead pick well-fitted pants with flared bottoms or in boot cut style. They will balance your generous bottom and make you look slimmer. Avoid bottoms that are tapered and get narrower towards your ankles as they can make your bottom look large. If you want to wear the skinny jeans trend, go for slim fit instead. They are not very tapered and yet slim enough. Team them with some high heels to add height that would slim you down.