SEVEN (7) METHODS OF HOW TO PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN FROM (SHAYTAAN) DEVIL:
1. Ibn Abbas (RA) said: The Prophet (SAW) used to seek refuge with Allah for Hasan and Husayn, and he said: “Your father (Ibraheem) used to seek refuge with (these words) for Ismaa‘eel and Ishaaq:
A‘oodhu bi kalimaat Illaahi’t-taammah min kulli shaytaanin wa haammah wa min kulli ‘aynin laammah.”
(I seek refuge in the perfect words of Allaah from every devil and every vermin, and from every bad eye)
[Al-Bukhaari 3371, Tirmidhi2060, Abu Dawood 4737]
2. Recite al-Mu‘awwidhatayn (the last two surahs of the Qur’an) over them, recite them into your hands and blow in them, then wipe them over whatever of their body one can reach.
It was narrated that Abu Sa‘eed al-Khudri (RA) said: The Messenger of Allah (SAW) used to seek refuge with Allah from the jinn and people’s eyes (i.e., the evil eye) until the Mu‘aawidhatayn were revealed, then when they were revealed he began to recite them for protection and stopped reciting anything else. [Tirmidhi, 2058]
It was narrated that ‘A’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) said: When the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) went to his bed, he would blow into his hands after reciting Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad (Soorat al-Ikhlaas) and the Mu‘aawidhatayn, then he would wipe his face and whatever he could reach of his body with his hands. ‘Aa’ishah said: And when he fell sick, he would tell me to do that for him. [Bukhari, 5748]
The above hadith indicates that in the case of someone who is unable to recite like small child, someone else can recite the Mu‘aawidhatayn and blow (into their hands) and wipe over the body of the child.
3. Keep young children indoors around the time maghrib is about to come in.
The Prophet (SAW) also said: “Cover your dishes, close your containers, shut your doors, and keep your children indoors at nightfall, for the Jinn are out and about and stalking.” [Bukhârî,3316]
The Prophet (SAW) said: “When night falls, keep your children indoors, for the devils are out and about at this time. When an hour of the night goes by, you can let them go.” [Bukhârî,3280, 5623 and Muslim,2012]
The meaning of “hour” in the above hadîth is explained by the following hadîth where the Prophet (SAW) says: “Do not send out your cattle or your children when the sun sets until the blackness of the night descends, for indeed the Satans are sent forth when the Sun sets until the blackness of the night descends.” [Muslim,2013]
4. Teach them to fear Allah and rely in Allah from a young. Do not give them a taweez, even you claim it is only verses from the Qur'an as they may grow up associating that piece of paper with protection.
5. Protect your home with Surah Al Baqarah and the Adhaan.
It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: “Do not make your houses like graves, for the Shaytaan runs away from a house in which Surah al Baqarah is recited.” [Muslim, 780]
It was narrated that Suhayl ibn Abi Saalih said: “My father sent me to Bani Haarithah, and there was with me a slave of ours, or a companion of ours. Someone called out his name from a garden, and the one who was with me looked into the garden and did not see anything. I mentioned that to my father, and he said, ‘If I had known that this was going to happen to you, I would not have sent you. But if you hear a voice then make the call for prayer, for I heard Abu Hurayrah narrating that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: “When the Shaytaan hears the call to prayer, he runs away fast.”’” [Muslim, 389]
6. Teach them to say Bismillah (in the name of Allah) before they eat.
Narrated Hudhayfah: When we attended a dinner with the Messenger of Allah (SAW) we did not lay our hands on the food until Allah's Messenger (SAW) had laid his hand and commenced eating (the food). Once we went with him to a dinner when a girl came rushing in as if someone had been pursuing her. She was about to lay her hand on the food, when Allah's Messenger (SAW) caught her hand. Then a desert Arab entered (in a hurry) as if someone had been pursuing him. He (the Holy Prophet) caught his hand; and then Allah's Messenger (SAW) said: “Satan considers that food lawful on which Allah's name is not mentioned. He had brought this girl so that the food might be made lawful for him and I caught her hand. And he had brought a desert Arab so that (the food) might be lawful for him. So I caught his hand. By Him, in Whose hand is my life, it was (Satan's hand that was in my hand along with her hand.” [Muslim]
7. Teach them important dua’s at an early age, such as what to say before entering the toilet, what to say when leaving and entering the home etc. (These prayers can be found in HISNUL MUSLIM).
The administrator has disabled public write access.