Let's learn some KITCHEN tips, your kitchen is the most important room in your home.
A lot comes out from there, so let's learn some few tricks. Works wonders.
1. If you happen to over-salt a pot of soup, just drop in a peeled potato. The potato will absorb the excess salt.
2. When boiling eggs, add a pinch of salt to keep the shells from cracking.
3. Never put citrus fruits (Oranges, Lemons,
limes, etc) or tomatoes in the fridge. The low temperatures degrade the aroma and flavor of these fruits.(That's why our tomatoes don't last in the fridge)
4. To clean iron cooking ware, don’t use detergents. Just scrub them with salt and a clean, dry paper towel.
5. When storing empty airtight containers, throw in a pinch of salt to keep them from getting stinky..
6. If you are making gravy(stew) and accidentally burn it, just pour it into a clean pan and continue cooking it. Add sugar a little at a time, tasting as you go to avoid 'over-sugaring' it. The sugar will cancel out the burned taste.
7. Burned a pot of rice? Just place a piece of white bread on top of the rice for 5-10 minutesto draw out the burned flavour. Be careful not
to scrape the burned pieces off of the bottom of the pan when serving the rice.
8. Before you chop fresh red peppers, rub a little vegetable oil into your hands and your skin won’t absorb the spiciness.
9. If you aren’t sure how fresh your eggs are, place them in about four inches of water. Eggs that stay on the bottom are fresh. If only one end tips up, the egg is less fresh and should be used soon. If it floats, it’s past the fresh stage.
10. To banish ants from the kitchen, find out where they are coming in and cover the hole with petroleum jelly(Vaseline). Ants won’t trek through the jelly. If they are coming under a door, draw a line on the floor with chalk. The little bugs also won’t cross a line of chalk
11. Don’t store your bananas in a bunch or in a fruit bowl with other fruits. Separate your bananas and place each in a different location. Bananas release gases which cause fruits (including other bananas) to ripen quickly. Separating them will keep them fresh longer.
12. To keep potatoes from budding in the bag put an apple in with them.
13. If you manage to have some leftover wine, cocktail drinks at the end of the evening, freeze it in ice cube trays for easy addition to sauces (white wine works wonders in sauces, I don't joke with them) in the future.
14. After boiling pasta or potatoes, cool the water and use it to water your house plants. The water contains nutrients that your plants will love.
15. When defrosting meat from the freezer, pour some vinegar over it. Not only does it tenderize the meat; it will also bring down the freezing temperature of the meat and cause it to thaw quicker. # Note every woman should have vinegar in her kitchen.
The administrator has disabled public write access.